Resource 1-on-1 with Sarah Smith
Name: Sarah Smith
Title: IT Sourcing Manager
Email Address: email@example.com
As an IT Sourcing Manager at Resource 1, Sarah plays an instrumental role in supporting the Resource 1 recruiting team. She is responsible for screening and qualifying IT consultants to determine their technical and cultural fit. Sarah also manages the logistics of the hiring process by scheduling and preparing candidates for client interviews and performing reference checks.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
A small cottage-style home nestled among large trees, within close proximity to a body of water.
- What was your favorite subject in school?
Psychology. I took almost every psych-related class my school offered. I found the topic so fascinating.
- If you could have a super power, what would it be and why?
Not needing to sleep. You would get 1/3 of your life back!
- Do you have any pets? What are they and their names?
Yes, my husband and I have a rescue cat named Melina. She likes belly rubs and stealing our pizza crust when we’re not looking.
- What is your favorite book to read?
I love psychological thrillers. They keep me on the edge of my seat with plot twists, unreliable narrators, and cliffhangers.
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
I’m a pretty risk-averse person, so the most daring thing I’ve done is ride on the back of a motorcycle.
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
Put most of it into savings, then buy a house and travel around Europe.
- What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My mom made me a scrapbook as a wedding present. It contained pictures of me with all of the important people in my life along with notes of advice they each had written for a long & happy marriage. I will treasure it forever!
- What is your favorite quote?
“A year from now, you will wish you had started today.” -Karen Lamb
- What sound do you love?
Windchimes on a sunny summer day.