Resource 1-on-1 with Dawn Schmidt
Name: Dawn Schmidt
As the Controller at Resource 1, Dawn is responsible for all the financial components of the organization. She manages the accounting team, monthly close process, daily cash flow, prepares the annual budget, monitors the company’s operating expenses, and processes the semi-monthly payroll.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I would prefer to live in a southern state where it is warmer than Chicago.
- What could someone find you doing on a Saturday?
Nothing too exciting just running errands and cleaning the house.
- If you could master one skill you don’t have now, what would it be?
I would love to learn how to swim as I never learned as a child.
- If you had to live without one of your five senses, which one would you give up?
I would give up the sense of smell as so many scents I find to be overwhelming.
- What was your favorite subject in school?
It was always math and science!
- What’s the last picture on your phone?
A picture of my dog, Murphy. He is very photogenic!
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
I would love to be able to see into the future so I would always know what to expect.
- Do you have any pets? What are they and their names?
Yes, I have a dog named Murphy who just turned five. He is a German Shorthaired Pointer.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a pharmacist.
- What sound do you love?
I love the sound of wind chimes on a warm summer morning.